Write about Churg-Strauss Syndrome here.
Syndrome consisting of:
• Accompanying vasculitis of various organs
• First phase is Asthma - may begin long before the vasculitis. Early signs include nasal polyps and allergic rhinitis
• Second phase is Eosinopilia - up to 60%
• Third phase is vasculitis, involving the skin, lungs, nerves, kidneys and other organs.
• Nose - sinusitis and nasal polyps
Pulmonary infiltrates (1/3 of patients)
Bleeding into the lungs
Diffuse interstitial lung disease (rarely)
• Kidney - Biggest cause of death
Granuloma sometimes found in spleen
Malabsorption due to chronic infarction
• CVS - Second biggest cause of death
Vasculitis lesions in heart -> HF or MI
Peripheral nerve involvement - mononeuritis multiplex